The introduction of digital sports betting has revolutionised the way sports fans all over the world make bets at slot. There is no arguing that the sports betting industry has expanded by great strides on a global scale, with its value increasing by billions of dollars each year. When it comes to the Indian market, here’s everything you need to know about sports gambling before getting started.
Is it Legal?
- While gambling is illegal in India, there exist no specific laws adhering to betting on sites from other countries. Considering this as a loophole in the system, 40% of Indian internet users partake in online gambling* (with the majority of it being sports betting) and the numbers are still growing!
- You can join any website as long as India is not listed as a banned country. The most renowned bookmakers are the ones who are legitimately licensed in highly regulated nations like the UK and Malta.
Which Sport is the Most Bet upon?
- While there exist a number of sports for people to bet on, it should go without saying that the most popular one is cricket. In addition to forthcoming Indian Premier League matchups, people can also bet on international sports and matches in overseas leagues.
- Horse racing, football, and field hockey are some of the other popular sports.
How to Find a Suitable Betting Provider?
- Most betting sites provide similar sports and offers, so these factors should not be likely in deciding which site to choose.
- The allowed deposit methods and the type of welcome bonus that they offer are more vital areas to consider, as these critical criteria will help you get started swiftly and with some extra money in your account.
- Look for recent reviews to learn more about the company’s customer service reputation and whether or not they have a mobile app.
How to Become a Successful Sports Bettor?
- Make accounts with multiple sports books so that you can compare the odds, but remember to be cautious.
- As a beginner, try not to get carried away with online betting. Make a betting schedule and stick to it, even if you feel like you should bet more to recover any money you may have lost.
- Learn to apply logic to making bets, and to use mathematical strategies such as arbitrage betting.
- Learn to take advantage of the offers provided by different sites.
But while online betting may seem like an easy way to earn some quick money, it is still highly dependent on sheer luck, so remember to be cautious while enjoying yourself!